Zeigler Defense Systems
This course is Step 2 of 3 in our foundational handgun series. We strongly recommend Handgun 101 or equivalent before you attend Handgun 102. The student MUST know and be able to demonstrate how to safely load, fire, and unload a handgun as well as have demonstrated competence in working from a holster and performing reloads.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
How Do I know When I’m Ready?
If you have not trained with me I recommend starting in an Handgun 101 class or contact me with previous, vetted training history. After taking Handgun 101 talk to me directly to see if it’s time to move on.
If you positively absolutely must be in an advanced course without taking Handgun 101course first, understand that you will not be coddled or tolerated if you are deemed dangerous to yourself or others. Fact, I will not slow down our instruction or hold back those who worked to earn their place in class because you can’t keep up. You will be asked to leave and give the option to be recycled in an Handgun 101 Course.
- Range brief/ med plan
- Timed graded shooting qualification
- Recoil Control
- Drawing from concealment
- malfunction clearing under stress
- Emergency/ Tactical reloads
- primary/support hand only shooting
- You will need 200 rounds of fmj ammo
- Daily carry or duty weapon
- Sturdy belt with quality holster
- 3 magazines or more
- Snap caps/dummy rounds- These can be purchased on Amazon
- Black Sharpie
- Magazine pouch
- Ear/Eye protection
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR MATCH ORIENTED GEAR TO THIS CLASS. Wear the gear you would use to carry a defensive sidearm fully concealed for self defense on the streets of a major American city. Holsters and magazine pouches meant for open wear in a match are not suitable for this class.
4 hour course
CCW permit or verifiable training are required for this course. You will not be coddled! We expect you to have an understanding of various methods of reloading, weapon manipulation and muzzle awareness.
We do evaluation skill drills in each class to determine which skill should be focused on.