Zeigler Defense Systems
This class is the first step in the building block process for our Defensive Firearms Series for Pistols. This course is designed to ground our students in the fundamentals of shooting; to master anything, one must first master the fundamentals. During the training you will develop the skills you need to be a proficient shooter, while learning to excel in the mechanical manipulation of your firearm. The course will focus on your safety, mindset, immediate and remedial action, round placement, target acquisition and self-confidence.
The instruction emphasizes the natural progression of each individual student. Our instructors focus on understanding your unique strengths and weaknesses, and strive to develop your individual skills. We begin with an initial assessment of each student and progress according to skill level. The objective of this course is to familiarize the shooter with the essential elements of effective shooting in order to build the shooter’s fundamentals to a proficient level. You will leave here both confident and proficient in handling and manipulating their weapon system.
- Range/Medical brief
- Accuracy drills
- Graded shooting qualifications
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Stance, Sight Management, Trigger Press and Follow Through
- Draw from concealment
- Recoil management
- Immediate and Remedial Action – Identifying and Eliminating Malfunctions
- Shooting at distance
- pistol (minimum caliber for pistol 9mm-revolver .38 special)
- 300 rounds of fmj
- sturdy belt and quality holster
- at least 3 magazines for your pistol
- Dress appropriate for weather/ no open toe shoes
- Hydration system
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR MATCH ORIENTED GEAR TO THIS CLASS. Wear the gear you would use to carry a defensive sidearm fully concealed for self defense on the streets of a major American city. Holsters and magazine pouches meant for open wear in a match are not suitable for this class.
4 hour course
LOCATION: Private range in Cincinnati. You will receive address during registration.
No Refunds unless we cancel the course
If you have to cancel attending a course you are registered for you may opt to transfer to another course that has openings within the calendar year.